Aimhigher London is a team of dedicated education professionals who believe in equality of opportunity.
They work with over 50 partners to engage over 1,000 young people every year in collaborative outreach activities such as conferences, summer schools, subject taster sessions, student ambassador led sessions, application support and mentoring.
These activities raise awareness of opportunity, increase aspirations and support young people to make informed choices about their futures.
Aimhigher London believes in the benefits of Higher Education to individuals, the economy and the wider social context of society. They recognise Higher Education:
- Helps individuals recognise their potential, supports their pathway to a successful career and contributes significantly to physical and mental well-being;
- Supports the wider economy by providing a more highly qualified and skilled workforce;
- Develops active, committed citizens that make a positive contribution to societ
Aimhigher work with young people who have the academic potential to succeed at university and are:
- First generation in their family to access Higher Education
- In the care of the Local Authority (LAC)
- Pupil Premium (PPG)
- Live in areas of low participation (according to POLAR Q1 and 2)
- Studying vocational courses
- Have a Special Educational Need and Disability (SEND)
- At risk or at risk of alternative provision
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- White working class male
They also reinforce the messages imparted to learners by working with their families and carers and key support staff.
Who to contact
- 020 8417 7564
Last updated: 03 Mar 2020