Seahorse Nursery Term Time Preschool
Seahorse Nursery is a local nursery school serving the Southfields, Wimbledon Park, and Wandsworth areas since 1997.
Seahorse is a small, caring nursery committed to providing a dynamic, fun and challenging curriculum to help each child play and explore, actively learn and think critically and provides a unique home from home environment. The curriculum is child-centred and follows the statutory Early Years Foundation Stage. There is a secure outdoor area with a sandpit, gravel and numerous other resources ensuring many opportunities for imaginative and creative play. Graded as Outstanding by Ofsted, their highly qualified team is committed to nurturing each child’s desire to learn, socialise and gain independence through play and first hand experiences.
Please see their website for further information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Seahorse Nursery Term Time Preschool
55, Southdean Gardens
- SW19 6NT
- Get directions
The nursery is located at the end of Southdean Gardens, on the corner of Gartmoor Gardens and Southdean Gardens.
The 39, 493 and 639 buses stop at Southdean Gardens (Stop A and Stop V), which are a 3 minute walk to the nursery.
The closest underground station is Southfields, which is just a 5 minute walk away.
- Fees vary based on the number of days/sessions a child attends. We also accept childcare vouchers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for fees and admissions information.
- Other notes
As well as our normal sessions, which run from 9:15am - 12:30pm Monday to Friday, we also offer INKY SWOT sessions for out older children on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. In these sessions the children will explore mathematics and phonics relating to the termly theme. The children will also practice school readiness and participate in a range of other varied activities during these sessions which run until 3pm.
- Has Provision
- There is a ramp to back entrance - all on one level. Please contact setting to discuss wheelchair access.
- The nursery has a written Special Needs Policy. Please contact setting to discuss other needs.
- The nursery caters for allergies. Please contact setting to discuss other special dietry requirements.
- The nursery welcomes children from all backgrounds.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 9:15am 12:30pm
Arts and crafts
Play equipment indoor and outdoor
Imaginary play areas.
Cooking and baking
Toys for mixed abilities
Letters and sounds activities
Various toys for indoors and outdoors
Visits and outings
Music with instruments
OFSTED report obtained
Outdoor play area
A large range of age appropriate toys and activities
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/06/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Last updated: 17 Dec 2020