Lady Allen Holiday Play Scheme
Lady Allen provides a holiday play scheme for adventurous play for children with disabilities and their siblings from the Borough of Wandsworth.
Lady Allen Playground - School Holiday Club Summer ‘21 -
26th July - 31st August 2021
- With a diagnosis of SEND or an EHCP
- Who are aged 6 (or in school year 1) up to age 14
- possible places for siblings in age range (depending on demand for SEND children)
Pre-attendance assessment is necessary to determine support need (1-1 or 1-4) before booking can be accepted – enquiries to be received by 10th July 2021
Maximum booking of 2 days per week per child (on 1-4 staff support ratio)
Cost: £4 per child per day
Time: 10.00am to 3.45pm
Packed lunch to be supplied by parent/carer
PLEASE COMPLETE AND E MAIL CHILD RECORD FORM TO MAKE AN APPLICATION
Lady Allen Playground offers outdoor and indoor facilities on a secure site including:
- soft play area;
- an indoor slide;
- arts and crafts; and
- swings, hammocks, a zip wire, a giant see saw, slides, tree houses and a wide range of two and three wheeled bikes.
When a child requires 1:1 support in order to use the playground safely this will normally be funded by Wandsworth Social Services after an assessment at Lady Allen, but once again the first step is an assessment visit.
Referrals can be made direct to the playground.
Social Services can arrange a bus to this service if your child has a social worker. Please call the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) team on 020 8871 6622 or your child's 0 to 25 disability Team social worker.
If you are interested in accessing our service over any school holiday period, please ensure that you enquire a couple of months prior so that an assessment can be arranged on site, this is so that we can determine the appropriate support your child/children may need when accessing our service. Please note, we do not carry out any assessments over any school holiday period or the few weeks leading up to the school holidays.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Lady Allen Adventure Playground
- SW11 1HT
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- February half-term, Easter, Whitsun half-term, Summer and October half-term (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Session Information
10:00am - 4:00pm
- £5.00 per session per child (1:1 funded by local authority + parent pays £5.00) £4.50 per session when buying 10 sessions. £4.00 per session low income families Note: The service is core funded by the London Borough of Wandsworth and as such it is primarily for Wandsworth residents the costs detailed above refer to Wandsworth children and young people only. Children from other boroughs can attend but the costs of this would need to be discussed and agreed with playground staff in advance.
- Age Ranges
- From 6 years to 14 years
This is a specialist holiday play scheme for disabled children and young people, their siblings and friends can attend with them.
Last updated: 21 Jun 2021