BACP - Find a therapist
Therapy offers you a safe, confidential place to talk about your life and anything that may be confusing, painful or uncomfortable. It allows you to talk with someone who is trained to listen attentively and to help you improve things.
This directory is provided by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
The following are a list of recommended questions, however do also ask your therapist any others that you think of:
- How many sessions will I have?
- What type of therapy do you offer?
- How much will it cost?
- What happens if I miss a session?
- What happens if I want to take a holiday, will I still have to pay?
- Will the counselling be confidential?
- Will you make notes during the session, and if so, what happens to these?
- Can I contact my therapist in between sessions?
Visit the website to find the nearest therapist service.
Who to contact
Last updated: 17 Oct 2019