Blue Badge Parking Scheme
The Blue Badge parking scheme is for people with disabilities who have severe difficulties in walking and who travel either as drivers or as passengers.
You may qualify automatically if you:
- Are in receipt of Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance.
- Are registered blind; or
- Receive a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement or
- Have been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking or
- Are in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) under the 'Moving Around' category, have been awarded eight points or more, and your condition is likely to last for at least 12 months
Parents and carers can apply for a badge on behalf of a child under the age of 3 if the child has a specific medical condition which means that they;
- (a) must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment which cannot be carried around with the child without great difficulty or
- (b) need to be kept near a motor vehicle at all times, so they can, if necessary, be treated for that condition in the vehicle or quickly driven to a place where they can be treated, such as a hospital
Note: The badge may only be used when the badge holder is driving or being transported in the vehicle, and when in use, the badge must be clearly displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle.
To apply for a permit you have to complete a form. Contact Wandsworth Technical Services on 020 8871 8871 for more information.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 8871
Where to go
- Technical Services Department
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- From 2 years
To obtain a Blue Badge you need to:
- Have disabilities and severe mobility issues
- Apply to Wandsworth Council
Last updated: 25 Feb 2019