Emerging Needs and Social Communications Pathways
The revised Pathway has been drawn up following over 2 years of consultation with families and professionals about their experiences of the process of assessing their child’s emerging needs, including social communication difficulties, and the services and support they accessed.
If a professional raises a concern with you about the development of your child’s social communication skills the following process will apply:
- You will need to provide consent to the professional for them to proceed with a referral to the Emerging Needs Pathway
- As part of an assessment for a social communication need, you will outline your concerns.
- An Early Help Practitioner will contact you to explore the concerns
- A plan to support you and your child will be agreed.
- A package of support will be agreed and can take place at home, school or in the community
- Relevant assessments will take place along your Social Communication journey.
For more information view the following downloads for options for support;
- Other notes
Follow us on Twitter: @WandsworthEYC
This service is for Wandsworth's parents/carers and families of children/young people with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
- Parent/carer support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement
Last updated: 21 Oct 2021