Emerging Needs and Social Communications Pathways
The Emerging Needs Pathway (ENP) is a targeted support service.
The ENP supports with co-ordinating all required education, social and medical evidence for presentation to the multi-agency specialist panel, for children between the ages of 0-7 who have been referred to the service, where a social communication concern may have been raised by an engaging professional.
If a professional raises a concern with you about the development of your child’s social communication skills the following process will apply:
- You will need to provide consent to the professional for them to proceed with a referral to the Emerging Needs Pathway
- As part of an assessment for a social communication need, you will outline your concerns.
- An Early Help Practitioner will contact you to explore the concerns
- A plan to support you and your child will be agreed.
- A package of support will be agreed and can take place at home, school or in the community
- Relevant assessments will take place along your Social Communication journey.
The Emerging Needs Pathway liaises directly with You (the parent) and your child’s setting.
If you believe that a referral has been made on behalf of your child and you haven’t had any contact, please raise this concern with your child’s: SENCO, Keyworker, Health visitor, family GP, WIASS or medical professional who will get in touch with the service and raise an enquiry.
For more information view the following downloads for options for support;
- Emerging Needs Pathway
- Parent and Carers Emerging Needs and Social Communications Pathway
- Professionals Emerging Needs and Social Communications Pathway
- Other notes
Follow us on Twitter: @WandsworthEYC
What is Wandsworth’s Local Offer ?
This service is for Wandsworth's parents/carers and families of children/young people with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
- Parent/carer support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement
How to complain, compliment or feedback about this service, activity or provider.
Last updated: 27 Feb 2023