Channel is a programme which focuses on providing support at an early stage to people who are identified as being vulnerable to being drawn into terrorism.
Channel may be appropriate for anyone who is vulnerable to being drawn into any form of terrorism. Channel is about ensuring that vulnerable children and adults of any faith, ethnicity or background receive support before their vulnerabilities are exploited by those that would want them to embrace terrorism, and before they become involved in criminal terrorist activity.
The programme uses a multi-agency approach to protect vulnerable people by:
- identifying individuals at risk
- assessing the nature and extent of that risk
- developing the most appropriate support plan for the individuals concerned
Referrals are often likely to be made in the first instance by individuals who come into contact with vulnerable peoples.
- Where the person you are concerned about is under 18 years of age, referrals should be made via MASH on 020 8871 6622
- Where the person is over 18 years old, referrals should be made via the Access team on 020 8871 7707
You can find out more information on GOV.uk in the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/channel-guidance
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wandsworth Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Time of day
Last updated: 03 Sep 2020