Roots and Shoots
Roots and Shoots provides vocational training for young people from London Boroughs.
These are vocational training schemes where we can take young people from Wandsworth aged 16-18 (no requirements except you must be Entry Level 2-Level 1) or 19-24 year olds who must have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Roots and Shoots:
- Aims to give young people with moderate learning disabilities skills and self-confidence to equip them to find and keep work.
- Offers a year-long training programme tailored to their individual learning needs and employment goals.
Alongside this training, we involve local schools and the wider community by establishing our site as an important green space for urban biodiversity and environmental education.
For more information, please visit our website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Roots & Shoots
Walnut Tree Walk
- SE11 6DN
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- 16-19 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
• We take referrals from Schools, Social Services, Youth Offending Teams and directly from potential trainees and their parents or carers.
• The potential trainee needs to be 16-19 years old.
• They need to live in one of the boroughs served by the Central London Learning and Skills Council.
• Be at a “disadvantage” in education or the workplace through: social background, disabilities, learning difficulties, school non-attendance or other.
Last updated: 31 Jan 2019