Greenwood Nursery School
An OFSTED 'Outstanding' traditional nursery school and flexible daycare for children aged between 2 and 5 years old, from 8:00am until 6.30pm, 51 weeks a year.
Greenwood provides a nursery school service in a day care setting for children aged 18 months to 5 years old. It is open all year round from 8am to 7pm.
Greenwood understands that every child is unique and that all children develop in their own different ways. We strongly believe in the importance of harnessing children’s imagination through their play so we can help nurture their creativity and develop a learning experience to ‘tailor-fit’ the individual child.
We see our classrooms as the ‘third teacher’ providing child led access to a variety of different learning zones strategically placed with all the tools and toys needed to help a child’s development.
We ensure our children are as free range and organic as possible by making sure they are physically active throughout the day and fed nutritious meals with only organic and free-range ingredients used. The school is not only blessed by being situated on King George’s Park but is set within Wandle Recreation Centre with access to their pitches and sports hall giving all them all the space they need to grow!
All our teachers have a minimum of an EYE (Early Years Educator) Level 3 qualification in childcare and all our assistants are given training and support to gain an EYE level 3 qualification. All teachers are offered continuous professional development to further their career in the direction they want to follow.
We strive to create strong parent-teacher relationships, so a child’s learning journey can flow seamlessly from school to home. We hold parents’ meetings every three months to evaluate children’s progress and plan how to further their development. We also encourage all parents to visit the school for Mother’s Fortnight and Father’s Fortnight which coincide with Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
We work closely with the local amenities around us to help the children grow an understanding of community including our local library, Post Office, Signature Care Home Wimbledon and Dugard and Daughters butcher.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Nursery School
Wandle Recreation Centre
- SW18 4DN
- Get directions
Buses: 44, 28, 37, 39, 87, 56, 170, 220, 270 and 337. There is also pay and display parking meters available.
- Please visit our website for any further information and our fee schedule.
- Has Provision
- These areas are wheelchair accessible: main entrance, eating facilities, changing facilities, toilets and play facilities. Fully wheelchair accessible.
- Experience with
Speech and language communication needs
Emotional, behavioural and social difficulties
- Staff are confident and have experience with: behaviour management, administering medication, toilet assistance, epipens, feeding difficulties, signing/Makaton. We also have a very experienced SENCO. Please contact us to discuss other needs.
- Caters for vegan, vegetarian, allergies. Please contact setting to discuss other specific dietary requirements. Snacks and beverages only - fruit, organic, vegetables, wheat-free biscuits.
- Welcomes children from all backgrounds. Activities reflect wide ranging cultures. Cultures are reflected in toys, books and images. Relationships with parents are developed respecting belief systems.
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 05/07/2013 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding
Last updated: 17 Jun 2019