Little Beans Balham Childcare (Tooting/Balham)
I am the founder of Lucky Beans Childcare, an Ofsted registered child-carer, nursery owner and also mother. We serve parents from the Balham/Tooting area from my home near Tooting Bec Common. Due to our success over the years and increase in demand for childcare from parents, I now have an additional two nurseries based in Tooting and Streatham, with a third opening soon in Norbury, serving parents from the surrounding areas. With the opening of the two new nurseries we now offer flexible and quality childcare to suit working parents from 7:30am-6:30pm, Monday to Friday (minimum 10 hour day) from three different easily accessible locations. We are currently accepting new children from 6 months to 2 years at my house in Balham and nursery in Tooting and from 6 months to 5 years at my nurseries in Streatham and Norbury. The hourly rate is £8.75 in Little Beans Balham and Little Beans Tooting, £8.75 in Streatham and prices for Norbury will be available upon request. All fees include, food, milk, nappies, wipes and a range of activities such as; ballet, Spanish, tennis and phonics lessons for children (at no extra cost!).
Lucky Beans has been operating since 2016 and as well as a lovely Playroom at the back of the house, large amounts of books and toys and safety-conscious modifications to all the areas the children are allowed in, I have a great garden and a separate Garden Room for the children to develop and explore. I also make frequent trips to Tooting Bec Common, Balham Library and Triangle Playground.
I create a My Learning Story folder for each child so you can see the progress your child is making. I am also happy to hold regular catch-up and development meetings to discuss your child's progress. I hold occasional, casual get-togethers for parents to meet each other, and I create individual family Whatsapp groups so I can keep you up to date with your child's achievements.
I am fully Ofsted registered, a member of PACEY, I am currently training to be a qualified nursery school teacher , and am first aid trained and have a level 2 food hygiene certificate. I hold certificates from Wandsworth Council for home-based care and safeguarding, and am also a fully qualified Chartered Psychologist.
Please see the document under 'Downloads' or contact me for any more information or visit my website https://www.luckybeanschildcare.com/
Who to contact
Where to go
- Little Beans Balham
A little about our home
I am 52 years old and live with my husband and our 4 sons aged from 5 to 22. I have had lots of experience with childcare throughout my life, having been a governor for our local school and having worked in a local orphanage when I was still living in South Africa. I am a Phd and have been a working Mum with a career as a psychologist so I fully understand the stresses and strains of balancing home and work life. My family is the centre of my world and I believe that I have translated much of what I have learnt bringing up my boys into the childcare environment I have created.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £8.75 Per hour
- Closed four weeks a year (unpaid). Closed for Bank Holidays (paid) Please note the rates below are calculated on the basis of the £8.75 an hour rate, which applies during Standard Opening Hours. The regular scheduled hours for your child must be within the Standard Opening Hours, any care outside these hours is provided only in emergencies and fees for late pick-ups are outlined in the contract. Please note the minimum charge per day is for 10 hours. The provision of food (breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner), wipes, milk, snacks, nappies and fees for playgroups are included in all fees, the cost of one-off excursions, sun cream and anything else not listed are not. A 10% discount is applicable for your second child if the first child is attending 4 days a week or full time on a regular basis. Five days fees is required as a deposit when booking a placement.
- Has Provision
- No steps into the house from the front door and access to the garden via a gated side ally
- Has Provision
- We are very keen to accommodate children with special needs and have two special needs children at the moment. We focus on providing them with the same opportunities as other children by working closely with their parents and with the other professionals involved.
- Has Provision
- I can accommodate most allergies/intolerance's in co-operation with the parents
- Has Provision
- We have a theme each month that we base the children's activities around and these themes are often based on minority culture's significant events, such as Eid
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Additional 15 Hours (30 Hour Offer)
- 3- and 4-year-old
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday - Friday 7:30am 6:30pm
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 11/10/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Last updated: 23 Aug 2019