15 Hours Early Education and Childcare Place (EECP) for Two-Year-Olds
Families with children aged two years old, who meet the eligibility criteria, are entitled to a maximum of 15 hours of free Early Education and Childcare per week. This entitlement applies to Wandsworth borough childcare providers for 38 weeks of the year from the term after their child’s second birthday. This will run up to the point when they are eligible for the 3 year old funding (term after their third birthday).
Families must meet a particular criteria, to be eligible for a place.
Parent/carers of a 2 year-old attending or wishing to attend a Wandsworth childcare provider, must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have an annual income under £15,400 after tax
Children are also entitled to a place if:
- they're looked after by a local council
- they have an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they've left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Please also look at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for help with paying for childcare costs.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Early Education and Childcare Places Team
- 020 8871 7899
Last updated: 10 Aug 2020