Spectra Counselling Services - Wandsworth
SPECTRA CIC offers counselling, mentoring group work and mindfulness training for young people identifying on the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer +)spectrum and from BME (black minority ethnic) communities. Young people can self refer or be referred by parents/carers or professionals.
- Live, work or socialise/in education in Wandsworth
- 13+ years,
- Not attending mainstream Integrated Sexual Health (ISH) services, difficulty attending ISH services.
- Unprotected sex, Low/unrealistic knowledge levels around sex and sexual health
- Sexual exploitation and consent issues
- Consent, Protection, Harassment, Bullying and Abuse.
- Groups can include, and not limited to: Boys and Young Men, People with Learning Difficulties or Disabilities, Young LGBT People (up to 25, but with an emphasis on under 18s), Homeless People/people at risk of homeless, Black African and Black Caribbean communities.
COUNSELLING ELIGIBITY CRITERIA INCLUDES THE ABOVE, PLUS:
- Consent to counselling assessment which indicates counselling is appropriate and suitable.
- Client consents/commits to attend regular sessions
- Client is stable and not under the care of other therapeutic professionals.
Spectra’s Wandsworth team include: Outreach Mentor, Counsellor, Outreach Programme Manager and Programme Sessional staff.
Thematic focus will include:
- Sex and sexual health
- Healthy Relationship Challenging Unhealthy Gender roles/perception and identity,
- Consent, Self-esteem/healthy self, Pornography/exploitation,
- Sexual Bullying (incl. social and online media), Stigma/discrimination,
- Sexualised use of Drugs & Alcohol and Mindfulness for stress/health.
- Offering sexual health and contraception information, risk assessment, HIV testing, STI screening,
- Specific group events
- National campaigns, such as national HIV Testing Week (NHTW)
For individual referrals please complete our individual referral form, available from firstname.lastname@example.org and return it to SPECTRA.
If you are interested in a group provision (singular or series of 6) or referring an individual for a one-to-one intervention (up to 6 sessions) please do get in touch.
Oliver O’Donohoe, Wandsworth Outreach Mentor email@example.com / 07903 457920
Who to contact
Where to go
- SPECTRA CIC
Training & Resource Centre
- SW18 1AQ
- Get directions
This service offers counselling, mentoring group work and mindfullness training for young people identifying on the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer +) spectrum and from BME (black minority ethnic) communities. Young people can self refer or be referred by parents/carers or professionals.
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Last updated: 28 Jan 2021