Learning Disability Liaison Nurses
This is a specialist nursing service provided by St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust to support adults (18 and over) with a learning disability and their families and carers to access St George’s Hospital. They work closely with the Community Learning Disability Health Team.
The service is provided by registered learning disability nurses with the core aim of ensuring that adults with a learning disability are enabled to navigate health services at St George’s Hospital and to have access to supplementary support in doing so, if required.
The objectives of the services are:
- To enable patients with a learning disability to access high quality care and treatment
- To work in partnership with the other professionals and agencies to ensure that the patient remains safe along the pathway of care from the point of admission to discharge
- To facilitate discussion and guidance around best interest decision making
- To coordinate reasonable adjustments where appropriate
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Learning Disability Liaison Nurses
Ground Floor, Clare House
St George's Hospital, Blackshaw Road
- SW17 0QT
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- Adults aged 18 and over
- Referral Details
Referrals to this service can be made by telephone or in writing. Self referrals can be made and requests for support are also accepted from families/carers and professionals or agencies who have an interest in the patients wellbeing.
- Other notes
- Patients and/or their representatives are encouraged to initially discuss any concerns or compliments with the Learning Disability Liaison Nursing Team. Formal complaints can be addressed to The Complaints and Improvements Department, Room 70, 1st Floor Grosvenor Wing, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust, St George’s Hospital, Blackshaw Road, SW19 0QT or email: email@example.com
To use this service you would normally be:
- Referred by your doctor or other health practitioner, or
- Referred by your social worker,