Community Liaison Nurse at St George's
This is a service providing support for adults in the community with learning disabilities.
To access this service, people must have a learning disability (developmental delay) which is defined as:
- Impaired Intelligence (a significantly reduced ability to understand new or complex information and learn new skills, having an IQ of less than 70)
- Impaired Social Functioning (a reduced ability to cope independently)
- Both of which started before adulthood with a lasting effect on development
The learning disability must not be due to the individuals mental health problems, their own alcohol or drug misuse, or be a result of a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Clare House
St George's Hospital
- SW17 0JY
- Get directions
- Referral Details
Anyone can make a referral to the CLDT by contacting CLDT Access & Referral Management Service (ARMS) by telephone, e-mail or in writing.
You can also contact CLDT ARMS to make a referral to the Community Mental Health Learning Disability Team (CMHLDT) which is part of South West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust.
To use this service you:
- Can refer yourself or alternatively be
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner, and/or
- Referred by your social worker