Launched in 2000, Do-it.org is the most diverse and comprehensive national database of volunteering opportunities in the UK. The opportunities are provided by nearly 50,000 organisations around the country, including Volunteer Centres, national, and local charities and community groups.
Do-it.org provides details of around one million opportunities to volunteer throughout the UK, any of which can be found with a simple postcode search. Volunteering can be a way of taking part in your local community. It can also be a route to employment or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change. Volunteering can be a way of:
- Giving back to the local community
- Making a difference to the lives of others
- Developing or gaining new skills and knowledge
- Enhancing your CV
- Improving employment prospects
- Gaining an accreditation
- Using professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Gaining confidence and self-esteem
Please visit the Do-it.org website from more information.