Garratt Park Advisory Service
Garratt Park Advisory Service is Wandsworth’s Outreach Service which supports young people living in Wandsworth who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or a diagnosed Social Communication Difficulty, who attend a mainstream primary or secondary school.
The service works by:
- Providing training to schools, professionals and parents
- Providing advice/support and strategies
- Devising bespoke programs for students
- Providing resources to be used in school or at home
- Attending relevant meetings
- Providing support/training for parents/families
- Liaising with other relevant professionals
- Providing support with transition times, e.g. from primary to secondary school, from school to further education/work and travel training where appropriate.
The service is involved in the Multi-Disciplinary Assessment (MDA) process for 5-8 year olds which can be accessed via the Borough’s single pathway system. Following assessment your child may be referred directly to the service for continued support and advice. Professionals can also contact the service directly or through Multi-Agency Planning (MAP) meetings.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Advisory Service
Garratt Park School
- SW18 3TB
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- From 4 years to 19 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Parents can contact the service direct or through their school SENCo. SENCos and parents can refer children using the Early Help IT System (EHITS). Advice can also be obtained from the Early Years and Early Intervention Service, Wandsworth Information Advice and Support Service and Contact a Family, Wandsworth.
- Other notes
- Complaints concerns or compliments? Please contact : email@example.com
To access this service your child would usually be referred by the Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCo) in your child's school.
Your child needs to be:
- Diagnosed with an Autistic Spectrum Condition and/or have
- Social Communication Difficulties, and
- attending a Wandsworth maintained primary or secondary school.