Family Action WellFamily Service
The Wandsworth WellFamily Service is an early intervention mental health and well-being service based in a number of GP practices across the London borough of Wandsworth.
The service is a frontline source of help for adults with mental ill-health who present to GPs with a wide range of additional and often complex, non-medical support needs or social problems. This may include problems with housing, finances, employment or family relationships. The service provides 1:1 sessions on a weekly basis in nominated GP surgeries, offering comprehensive assessment (including assessment of risk), support to access other specialist services, provision of information, and personalised emotional and recovery support over an agreed number of sessions (usually six).
Other Issues that can be discussed may include:
- difficulties with/worries about children
- relationship difficulties
- feelings of depression, anxiety and isolation
- difficult decisions you need to make
- caring for family or friends
- local services e.g. childcare and welfare services
- drugs and alcohol
- violence at home
- adult education
Referred persons to this Service must be registered with a Wandsworth GP. Referrals can be made via a GP, self-referrals or other professionals. Alternatively a referral form can be obtained by contacting the WellFamily Service direct.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wandsworth WellFamily (The Old Fire Station)
199 Perry Vale
- SE23 2JF
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- 18 years and over
To use this service you:
- Can refer yourself
Or you can be:
- Referred by your doctor or another health practitioner.
Last updated: 26 Oct 2020