Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service (WAAS) - Offer for parents and young people
Offer for parents and young people
How to make a referral and consent form
Offer to parents and young people
The Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service works closely with partners across the authority to provide a planned and graduated support to parents and families of children with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway). The service provides a point of contact for parents for specialist advice and support and aims to upskill families through a bespoke and differentiated parent / carer training programme.
Parent support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement. Up to date details of the parent offer can be found on the Wandsworth Local Offer.
Universal Support Offer
• Telephone advice and consultation service for parents/ carers
• Parent face-face appointments offering general support and advice
• Monthly Coffee Mornings held at Siward Road. There are also virtual options available. Details of the monthly themes can be found on the local offer page. To book a place email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Parent workshops / Training courses covering key topics (Calendar for the year available on the Local Offer website)
• Behaviours that challenge
• Visuals and routines
• Social stories
• Managing transitions
• Sensory strategies
Targeted Support Offer
The service offers a range of group sessions which need to be booked in advance, professionals may signpost parents to these sessions.
Current groups – Offer of both virtual and on site.
1. Primary and Secondary Boys Group
2. Primary and Secondary Girls groups
3. Siblings Groups (TBC)
Further details including dates can be found on the Local Offer website. Places can be booked by emailing: email@example.com
Some young people who are displaying a higher level of need will need a specific package of time limited support. This may involve direct work with the child and/ or work with the child and parent. This could take place in school/locality hubs or in the home. Any professional can make a referral for targeted support using the WAAS Referral form. Referrals for targeted support can also be made by WAAS Advisors following contact with a parent through the Universal offer. For further information about our parent/ carer offer please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See individual service arms for more details.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 6882
Where to go
- Early Years Centre
1, Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Age Ranges
- 0 to 19 years (up to 25 with an EHCP)
- Referral required
- Referral Details
This service is for parents/carers and families of children with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
This service is for Wandsworth's parents/carers and families of children/young people with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
- Parent/carer support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement
Last updated: 02 Nov 2020