Christians Against Poverty (CAP)
Christians Against Poverty (CAP) is an award-winning debt counselling charity, offering free help and advice to anyone in need. Their headquarters are in Bradford and there is a growing network of centres throughout the UK.
CAP work with individuals and families who are dealing with the pressures of debt.
The charity offers:
- financial education; and
- budgeting and insolvency services.
After you call CAP, they will:
- Arrange a home visit from a CAP Debt Coach and Support Worker from your local CAP centre.
- Following the visit with the information gained, the CAP team will create a realistic budget and the Debt Coach will visit you again to explain the budget and the payments you will need to make.
- a CAP account will be set up for you - this acts like a simple bank account which you will pay money into to cover all your bills and debts.
- if you are in severe debt, the CAP team can walk you through insolvency, like petitioning for bankruptcy.
The CAP team will continue to support you until you are debt free.
To get help from CAP or learn more, call their helpline or visit their website.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Jubilee Mill
30, North Street
- BD1 4EW
- Get directions
Last updated: 16 Sep 2019