WAAS Top Tips for Preparing your Child or Young Person for Returning to School
Here is some advice from Wandsworth Autism Advice Service about how to think about your child or young person’s individual needs, including anything new you have learnt about them during lockdown, and also any progress they have made.
- Each child/young person has their own personality, strengths and needs, so they will need different preparation and support.
- Did you discover activities/strategies that calmed them down/helped their concentration or reduced anxiety? Make sure that you share these with their teacher/SENCo.
- Share any progress that they have made or areas of development that you are concerned about.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 6882
- Parent Organisation
- Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service (WAAS) - Coronavirus
- Age Ranges
- 0 to 19 years
This service is for Wandsworth's parents/carers and families of children/young people with a diagnosis of autism (and those on the specialist pathway).
- Parent/carer support is available to all Wandsworth residents regardless of the child/ young person’s educational placement
Last updated: 07 Jul 2020