Greenmead Outreach Service
This service is aimed at helping pupils with physical disabilities who attend Wandsworth mainstream primary schools. The work of the service is to support mainstream settings to meet the needs of this group of pupils.
A specialist teacher who is experienced in working with children with physical disabilities can provide support and advice in the following areas as appropriate to the individual needs of each school and pupil:
- Manual handling including providing training for school staff and support around writing Moving and Handling Risk Assessments
- ICT including specialist hardware and software to enable curriculum access and recording work (in liaison with CENMAC)
- Curriculum assessment and differentiation, particularly for pupils with a physical disability who are working below age-related expectations
- Loan of specialist resources
- Support with IEPs and Annual Reviews
- Liaison with other professionals involved with each child as required
Please contact Agi Palanki for more details of this service.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Greenmead Primary School
Greenmead School, 147
- SW19 6RY
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am to 3.45pm
- Free to children attending Wandsworth mainstream primary schools
- Referral required
- Referral Details
To use this service the school SENCO or a practitioner working with the child needs to contact the service to arrange an initial visit to the school.
- Other notes
- Compliments or Complaints: Initially any complaints should be addressed to the outreach teacher involved. In the case of any complaints that cannot be resolved in this way, these should be directed to the outreach leader at Greenmead Primary School.
To use this service you need to be:
- a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO), and/or
- a teacher in a mainstream school