Family Action - Brighter Futures
Brighter Futures is about men taking ownership of their lives and in turn taking up their position as fathers, brothers, partners and contributing to their respective communities.
Their aim is to support 20 men who have past convictions but a desire to change and fulfil their potential.
It will run as a weekly programme over 8 weeks. The project will aim to:
- help men reintegrate with their families and improve the quality of their relationships
- promote health and wellbeing and include support for isolated men within a neutral and inclusive environment
- support rehabilitation by encouraging community engagement and promoting self-empowerment
- help develop men socially and economically through raising aspirations and building the resilience of men at risk of offending or being excluded and isolated
- this project will extend and add value to our existing WellFamily service by establishing effective models of working with ex-offenders with mental ill health.
For more information please see this document.
Who to contact
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals can be made by GPs, Probation or Drug and Alcohol, Social Services and other community workers. Self referrals are accepted too.
They are looking for men who:
- Desire change (doesn’t matter how small or big this is)
- Will not be intoxicated when attending groups (drug and alcohol free on the day)
- Have mental health challenges
- Have past convictions and who have found this a barrier to moving forward or at risk of coming into contact with the Criminal Justice System
- Are interested in trying something new and non stigmatising.
- Have protective factors in their life such as family, friends or partners
- Generally live in the Wandsworth borough (funding caters for at least 80% Wandsworth residents)
- Committed to 8 sessions lasting up to 2 hours, ongoing evaluation and feedback about the project, and willing to participate in follow up work 3 months following the end of the groups.