HAF ‘Summer Unlocked’ Programme 2021
The Summer Unlocked programme is for young people and families in receipt of free school meals, aged 4 – 19 years (up to 25 years with additional needs) to access activities and services during the Summer Holidays, including a nutritious meal and a fun physical activity every day.
All Summer Unlocked activities will provide an element of nutritional education and the meals provided will meet dietary requirements and food standards. There will also be on-site access to support and information about other services you may need. Some of our activities will also have onsite tutors to support young people in any learning they may have lost over the past year.
What do you need to know?
The Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) programme is funded by the Department of Education (DfE) to enable the provision of activities and food for children, with a particular focus on those in receipt of free school meals.
The aims of the programme is to encourage children to:
- eat more nutritiously over the summer holidays
- be more active during the summer holidays
- take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character and wellbeing, along with their wider educational attainment
- be safe and not to be socially isolated
- have a greater knowledge of nutrition and wellbeing
- be more engaged with school and other local services
- we also want to ensure that the families who participate in this programme develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting
We will be collecting special category data including information on ethnicity and health (including special educational needs). This data will be used as part of the mandatory requirement for safeguarding children’s’ needs. The health information will also ensure your child is safe and fully supported to take part in our holiday activities.
Aggregated data will be shared with the Department of Education to ensure future funding for holiday activities. This will be provided to them anonymously and collectively, not at an individual child level.
More information on data privacy notices can be found on our booking system.
How to book?
- click on the link under 'Downloads' to look at our programme of activities with your child/ren to decide which they would like to attend. There are activities for parents, carers and guardians too
- you can filter the activities by age and by location, but you can go anywhere in Wandsworth to attend an activity!
- if your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), please provide more information online when you are making the booking.
This is to ensure that your child is supported to take part in and enjoy the activity, so please provide as much detail as you can. If your child has a high level of support and/or behavioural needs, or you would like any support to book onto an activity, please get in touch with us: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- all places are booked on a first come, first served basis. However, there may be cancellations, so keep checking online - a space may become free!
- you will be able to see all the activities, what time they start and finish, and where they are located on your profile homepage, making it easier for you to know where to go
- relax and get ready to have fun this summer!
- please note: when booking, please ensure that you read the activity information and recommended ages to avoid being turned away; the council cannot take any responsibility if this happens
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Katie Thomson
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday 26th July - Friday 27th August 2021
- Time of day
Last updated: 27 Jul 2021