Employability Links for Young People with SEND
EMPLOYABILITY LINKS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE WITH SEND
Employability and personal development courses are aimed at young people who may need to enhance their skills and further explore their area of interest prior to applying for work or an apprenticeship.
Listed below are courses in the Central London area that aim to develop the sort of general skills needed for all jobs and offering more support to young people with SEND.
- Camden Society Employability training and support for Londoners with a learning disability. More information at https://goo.gl/mfSfnb.
- Spear 6-week employment and personal development courses for 16 to 24-year-olds in Camden, Clapham Junction, Kennington, Islington & North Kensington centres (courses currently delivered online). Details at https://tinyurl.com/y82smolk and details of centres and contacts at https://tinyurl.com/ybcclbfb
- TfL The Steps into Work 12-month programme including employability skills and work experience for people with mild to moderate learning disabilities and those on the autism spectrum. Course runs from January to December, details https://goo.gl/ZMGgYs.
- Uprising Fastlaners 8-day employability programme for 18 to 25-year-olds with workshops, mock interviews, mentoring sessions, networking events and 6 months of one-to-one support. Details at www.uprising.org.uk/fastlaners.
- Whizz Kidz provides work placements for young people with disabilities, with upcoming placements including Tesco stores across in London, details at https://goo.gl/SP3ywT.
- Caius House Digital Skills Level 1 and Coding Level 2 courses for young people aged 16 to 24 not in employment, education or training, details https://tinyurl.com/2jz2m2tj or email email@example.com.
- Prince’s Trust Get Started course for 16 to 25-year-olds who are not in employment, education or training. Podcasting (online) from 19 to 23/4/2021 with a taster day on 27/5, details https://tinyurl.com/zsrdjmcn.
Last updated: 30 Mar 2021