St George's Healthcare Social Work Team - Children and Families
The team offers a social work service to the maternity and children's units at St George's Hospital, families are offered pre birth and post birth support. A service is also provided for children and young people who are patients at the hospital with serious diseases.
To attend the health centre, you must live in the practice area and register with a GP there.
The service provides:
- assessment of family need;
- support for mothers-to-be attending the hospital;
- investigation of suspected domestic violence cases; and
- support for children and young people with serious diseases.
To use the service, telephone the contact number, your concerns will be discussed and then, if necessary, referred to a Social Worker. Health and other practitioners refer people to the service and the team work closely with antenatal services, children's wards and accident and emergency.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Social Services Department
St. George's Hospital
- SW17 0QT
- Get directions