Tell Us Once
Tell Us Once is a service offered on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). The service allows the bereaved person to inform central and local government services of the death at one time rather than having to write, telephone or even attend each service individually. The Tell Us Once service can save you a great deal of time and effort.
You will be made aware of this service when you register the death and in most cases the registrar of death will offer you the Tell Us Once interview immediately after you have registered the death. The registrar will check with you which central and governement services need to be notified.
The information you will need to take to the interview (if appropriate) are:
- National Insurance number and date of birth of the deceased;
- their passport or passport number and town/country of birth;
- driving licence or driving licence number;
- details of state pensions and benefits;
- Blue Badge; and
- death certificate (if not completing Tell Us Once at the time of registration).
Please visit the website for more information.
Who to contact
- 0800 085 7308
Where to go
- Register Office
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019