Foodbank - The Yard
COVID-19 changes to operations:
In the light of recent developments of the coronavirus pandemic, and in response to the latest government announcements, I wanted to update you to some changes we've made to our operations.
Whilst we want to keep our essential operations running (since they will be some people's only access to food), it is vital that we all take steps to help slow the spread of infection. We know many of our guests have underlying health conditions and we want to protect them as much as possible, whilst ensuring they have the emergency food they need.
So in line with new government guidance on social distancing, with immediate effect we are changing the way we give food to guests. From today, guests will wait outside the food bank centres and we will hand over pre-packed food parcels outside.
If you are referring anyone to us in the coming days and weeks, please help people understand that:
- On arrival, everyone will be asked to wait outside whilst we fetch them a pre-prepared food parcel. They can let us know if they are vegetarian, or have any serious dietary requirements
- Once the basic parcel arrives, we won't be able to swap or exchange anything.
- All our centres remain *open*, seven days a week as normal
- Our Advice Project with Citizen's Advice will be switching to phone-based advice. Guests can leave their phone number with our team when collecting food for this service.
- The reason we are serving everyone outside is that being in the open air a safe distance from others is the safest way for guests to be protected from the spread of infection, while at the same time receiving the emergency help they need.
- If several people arrive at once we will ask them to queue with a safe distance between each person. We ask for patience and reassure everyone that we have enough food pre-prepared for each session.
- If in exceptional circumstances you aren't able to physically hand the voucher to guests, please email it (or a scan/photo of it) to email@example.com with clear agreement of which of our centres they are planning to attend. We can then have a food parcel prepared for them.
- Please remember that we will likely be stretched in the coming weeks so please consider referrals for emergency use only. Foodbanks exist to provide short-term emergency support when there is no food due to financial crisis (not an answer to supermarket food supply difficulties).
Thank you for your understanding as we try to keep our service running
Dan Frith, Wandsworth Foodbank Manager
The Wandsworth Foodbank provides emergency food and support to local people in crisis across the Wandsworth Borough.
It provides a minimum of three days’ nutritionally balanced, non-perishable emergency food and support to people experiencing crisis for reasons including:
- benefit delay
- receiving an unexpected bill on a low income
Care professionals such as doctors, teachers, health visitors, Children's Centre staff, social workers, housing associations and Citizens Advice Bureau workers identify people in crisis and issue them with a foodbank voucher.
Foodbank guests bring their voucher to one of the five Wandsworth Foodbank centres where it can be redeemed for three days’ emergency food. Volunteers at the foodbank will meet guests, take the time to listen and where possible signpost guests to agencies who may be able to provide further support.
The Wandsworth Foodbank is part of the Trussell Trust, a national network of foodbanks, and is a registered charity that relies entirely on donations from churches and the community.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Yard
- SW15 3BD
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Wednesdays: 10:00am - 12noon. Sundays: 2:00 - 4:00pm
- Food vouchers
Last updated: 17 Mar 2020