METRO Charity LGBTQ+ Youth Counselling
Counselling is a safe and non-judgemental space for you to talk openly about what's going on in your life.
We provide one-to-one counselling for young people who identify as LGBTQ and/or those experiencing issues relating to diversity, equality and identity.
Who can use this service
You need to be aged between 8 and 18, live in any London borough, identify as LGBTQ and/or be experiencing issues related to equality, diversity and identity.
Why people use this service
- I want support for issues related to my mental health
- I want to talk to someone who won't judge me
- I want to talk about my sexual orientation and/or gender identity
- I'd like to improve my self-esteem
- I want to explore my relationships with family, friends, partner(s) or other people in my life
- I'm questioning my identity and I'd like to talk to someone about it
How we can help
- Feel more able to manage challenging situations in your life
- Improve your understanding of yourself
- Work towards increasing your emotional wellbeing
- Increase your own sense of self-acceptance
- Feel supported by someone who understands you
Who to contact
Where to go
COVID-19 UPDATE: Currently this service is being moved to online and over the telephone, where appropriate. Unfortunately we are not able to provide any face to face counselling. For new client enquires or referrals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about what we can offer at this time. We look forward to resuming services fully once it is appropriate to do so.
- Free one-to-one therapy for LGBTQ young people in London
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com call our mental health team on 020 8305 5009. You can refer yourself into the service, or be referred by someone who works with you (like a GP or social worker).
We'll get back to you in 2-3 days to arrange a free initial assessment. This will be a chance to talk about what has brought you to counselling and find out if the service is right for you. If you decide to go ahead, you'll join our waiting list to see a counsellor.
Last updated: 07 Jun 2021