Family Rights Group
Family Rights Group aim to help people to understand their rights, and explore the issues that have arisen between the family and children's social care services. This is to help families make realistic choices about the options available to them.
The service provides free advice and information to families in England and Wales that are involved with local authority children's social care services.
They offer advice on any matter concerning the care and protection of children, including:
- family support services (or a lack of them);
- child protection;
- accommodation (when children are looked after by the local authority on a voluntary basis);
- care (when children are looked after by the local authority under a court order);
- placement of children who are looked after (including family members);
- contact with children who are looked after;
- children returning home to live with their families when they have been looked after;
- placement for adoption;
- leaving care; and
- residence orders and special guardianship
Visit the website for more information.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9:30am - 3pm excluding Bank Holidays
Last updated: 27 Oct 2020