Parent Gym is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a free six-week parenting programme in schools and children centres across the UK.
The programme, delivered to more than 6000 parents since 2010, helps parents of primary school age children develop the skills and confidence they need to provide a nurturing family environment. This is key to ensuring that their children arrive at school better prepared, happy and ready to learn.
The Parent Gym programme, consists of weekly two hour sessions on the following:
- Week 1 - Chat – how to develop effective communication amongst the family so that everyone is listening and talking to each other.
- Week 2 – Love - how a secure attachment can lead to independence for a child whilst establishing agreed boundaries as a part of love
- Week 3 - Behave – how to bring calm and order to the house with rules and routines that work
- Week 4 – Care – To maintain physical and mental health so that parents and children are taken care of
- Week 5 – Discover – Supporting children to learn and explore
- Week 6 – Together – how to envision our future strong, supportive family bond while recapping key techniques
We have already worked with 24 schools in Wandsworth. We would love to be able to offer it to more of the schools and children centres in your borough. Please contact us using the contact details below.
Who to contact
Last updated: 22 Oct 2018