Occupational Therapy (Children’s) - Coronavirus Update
Children's Occupational Therapy has re-opened to routine referrals. All new referrals will be triaged via telephone or video consultation depending on the clinical need of the child.
We can confirm that we are operating and delivering therapy support wherever possible, provided it is safe and appropriate to do so.
We are currently able to offer initial assessments , reviews and therapy via telephone and video platforms in order to allow reduced face to face contact. In some instances children will have to be seen face to face and we will adhere to strict hygiene and social distancing measures when doing so.
We will endeavor to resume all services as normal once we are able to do so, but in the meantime please follow these options:
- If your child has an EHCP (Education Health and Care Plan) your therapist will be contacting your child’s SENCO in order to set up a review.
- If you are in the process of applying for an EHCP you will be contacted by our department in order to arrange an assessment.
- If your child is known to our service and you would like to have a telephone contact from your therapist, please send a request to your therapist and or to the generic inbox mentioned below. Your SENCO will also be able to arrange this for your child.
- If your child’s care is deemed urgent, your therapist will be in touch to discuss the best way forward in assessing or reviewing your child.
We recognise that families need help and advice during this difficult time and while we endeavor to answer individual queries as soon as we can, we request that families contact the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox which is being monitored by a member of the team. Non-urgent queries will be recorded but may not receive an immediate response.
Our administrator can be phoned on the following number: Tel: 0208 725 5748
Our generic email address is: email@example.com
Our operating hours are 9am-5pm Monday – Friday (year round). We are closed on Bank Holidays.
Due to government guidance around self-isolation and the risk of contracting the virus we are very aware of the impact this could have on families. It can be a very isolating time, especially for those who have children with additional needs. We would like to re-assure you that our top priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of the children and families with whom we work on a daily basis
Who to contact
Where to go
- Children's Therapies, Ground Floor
Queen Marys Hospital
- SW15 5PN
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Age Ranges
- 0 to 16 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Professionals working with families in Wandsworth can make a referral using an Early Help Assessment via EHITS.
To access these services you need to be:
- Referred by your doctor/consultant or other health practitioner,
- Referred by a professional using the Early Help Assessment
Last updated: 24 Sep 2020