Papyrus is a national charity committed to the prevention of young suicide in the UK, including the closing down of websites that encourage suicide.
The charity promotes mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people, particularly encouraging the unique contribution that family and friends can make to preventing young suicide.
Papyrus is for young people who have been thinking about taking their own life or who have been harming themselves. Papyrus is also for parents/carers, family members and friends of young people who are worried that they are suicidal.
- information, advice and support about why young people may feel suicidal and what can be done to help;
- a HOPELineUK advice service;
- training in suicide awareness and intervention skills;
- the opportunity to learn from those affected by young suicide as well as research that has been carried out into young suicide;
Please visit the Papyrus website of call the HOPELine for information, advice and support.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 10am-10pm; weekends: 2pm-10pm & bank holidays: 2pm-5pm