The Baked Bean Company - Coronavirus
*** Due to the COVID-19 / Coronavirus panademic services may be restricted, cancelled or re-scheduled online. Please contact the provider directly for more information before attending a service.***
Baked Bean have been putting together some online classes to keep you all busy, fit and entertained while we are all isolating at home due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Find them here- http://bakedbeancompany.com/online/
The Baked Bean Company began life in the year 2000 as an alternative to daycare services provided in Wandsworth. At that time The Baked Bean Company specialised in drama-based services, using drama as a learning tool to help improve confidence, social skills and living skills for people with learning disabilities. Since then The Baked Bean Company has developed and expanded its services.
The Baked Bean Company now provide a variety of services, including:
- Dance and movement
- Performing Arts
- Musical Theatre
- Health and Fitness
The Baked Bean Company aims to support and encourage people with learning disabilities to become more integrated into the community at large by helping them to develop relevant skills & abilities. Then, through community and work-based projects The Baked Bean Company offers opportunities to people with learning disabilities to work alongside people who may not have learning disabilities. The Baked Bean Company still provides drama services to individuals (and to five local authorities) but now they have expanded to provide a range of other services, some of which are listed below:
- The Baked Bean Theatre Company: A professional group made up of actors with learning disabilities. It offers the chance to learn real skills, put them to use in real theatres and work with theatre professionals.
- Baked Bean Holidays: A range of holidays during the summer months, including breaks in the UK, holidays abroad, and creativity-themed holidays.
- The Baked Bean Choir: A music project for adults with a learning disability who want to sing and be creative with like-minded people.
- Baked Bean Dance Company: A dance project; a chance to get fit, learn, enjoy and perform, with fully qualified and professional instructors.
- Baked Bean Players; Comedy theatre performing in the community.
- Chilli Beans: A performance group devising productions including song,dance and acting to perform in front of live audiences.
- Baked Bean DJs- A djing group learning to arrange a set list, mix tracks and read a crowd. Gigging at local community events
- Jumping Beans: A high energy, movement group for people who love dance and movement but who dont wish to perform to an audience.
- Baked Bean Cookery; learn how to cook simple , healthy meals.
- Baked Bean Create: A project to help people with learning disabilities to learn new skills and become more independent through the medium of arts and crafts.
- Runner Beans- High energy fitness classes and team sports for people with learning disabilities.
- Screen Beans - film making and acting for film.
- Bean.comm- a non performance group using drama techniques to explore social skills and build confidence.
- Youth Theatre- Drama and dance group for under 25s.
- Electric Beans - A performing Arts group focused on real life issues and performing in the local community using drama and physical theatre techniques.
- Beans in Education (BIE): A touring theatre group performing in schools, colleges and universities. Using theatre to help to teach others.
Please contact The Baked Bean Company or visit their website for further information on these, and all of their services.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wilditch Community Centre
48, Culvert Road
- SW11 5BB
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Further information on enquiry
- Age Ranges
- Adult services - over 18's
- Youth services - 19 and under (Saturdays only)
To use this service you:
- Can refer yourself, and
- Should contact the Baked Bean Company for more information
Last updated: 08 Dec 2020