Home Start - Bump to baby
Home Start places volunteers with parents in their own homes. Volunteers may offer emotional as well as practical support to parents who are experiencing isolation, post natal illnesses, bereavement, multiple births or any other issue affecting their family.
Bump to Baby - home visiting support
Are you a Wandsworth resident, more than 12 weeks pregnant and…
- feeling lonely or isolated in your community, have no family nearby and struggling to make friends
- feeling anxious, worried or depressed about your pregnancy, labour or looking after your baby
- in need of help with practical things such as budgeting, healthy eating or preparing for your baby’s arrival
How can Home-Start help?
Our home-visiting volunteers can help you with practical tasks, offer advice and support you through emotional issues. They will:
- help you prepare for your baby’s arrival
- listen to your worries, concerns and hopes for your family
- offer a shoulder to cry on
- share their own experiences of parenting and family life
- provide support, friendship and encouragement
- help you manage and get to appointments
- help you access benefits, grants and financial support
- help you use local services or get specialist support.
You decide what you do together. You do not have to feel alone.
"Home-Start has been a lifeline – without them I don’t know where I’d be. I’m so much better and more empowered than I ever remember being before… It has set me up for life."
Who is eligible? Any Wandsworth resident pregnant or caring for a new baby. We also have a home visiting service for children from 3 months to the age of five.
To make use of this service please contact the co-ordinator and an assessment will be undertaken.
To find out more, please call the number listed below.
Who to contact
Where to go
20 - 22 York Road
- SW11 3QJ
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm
To use this service you can refer yourself, by contacting the co-ordinator, or a professional can refer you.
Last updated: 27 Sep 2019