African Women’s Clinic
This specialist service is staffed exclusively by a female team whose members understand the sensitivity and complexity of issues relating to FGM.
The African Women’s Clinic offers care and support for women who are experiencing problems as a result of female genital mutilation (FGM).
The service offers:
- consultation and procedure clinic at the hospital;
- advocacy support;
- counselling/psychology support;
- assessment for pregnant women before childbirth; and
- ‘One-stop’ clinic where a woman can have an assessment and the procedure for reversal at the same appointment if they wish.
There is a clinical nurse specialist available to support patients through all their care
Call for more details.
Who to contact
Where to go
- University College Hospital Clinic 3; Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing
- NW1 2BU
- Get directions