SHARE Community - Clapham and Tooting
Share provides training and employment support for disabled people, including those with learning disabilities, physical/sensory impairments, autism and mental health needs.
- Provides accredited training in independent living skills, IT, catering and horticulture
- Runs social enterprises in catering and childcare, providing work experience and employment opportunities
- provides emplyment and independeny living living support
- Runs short courses and fun activities and events such as music, yoga and creative writing
- Eloyment support for those with long-term mental health needs
Share also has a Go Anywhere, Do Anything initiative for those with learning disabilities to inspire and support them to explore London.
You can be referred to Share by a social worker, health worker and other professional worker (eg, Disability Employment Advisers), your carer, or you can refer yourself. For more information about how to join Share, visit our website at http://www.sharecommunity.org.uk/training/how-join-share.
** Coronavirus Update**
During the COVID-19 pandemic, everyone’s lives are limited and changes to routine can be difficult to navigate. We’re committed to supporting students and their families at home. We’ve been exploring video conferencing by running Zoom sessions and keeping in regular contact with students by phone.
Our staff are busy creating wellbeing tools to help students deal with the current disruption and give daily structure. Tutors have also been creating worksheets and activities so that students continue their learning at home. These are emailed or sent as printed copies and are available on our website.
As well as resources to support student learning, the COVID-19 section on our website has lots of useful links signposting government guidelines, local help and support, NHS resources and advice from disability charities and organisations.
We’ve made space for fun activities too with links to virtual museum tours, theatre performances, art and puzzles as well as easy read recipes and exercise resources to help people stay healthy and well during lockdown.
Who to contact
Where to go
64, Altenburg Gardens
- SW11 1JL
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
To use this service you you need to be:
- Referred by your doctor or other health practitioner, or
- Referred by your social worker, or
- Referred by another professional
Last updated: 18 Feb 2021