Serious About Youth (SAY) and NG Bailey are delivering an exciting free initiative for sixth form students (Years 12 & 13) and unemployed young people aged 18 - 25 years old called, 'Construkt', which is an immersive programme with live opportunities attached, delivered from 17th - 28th February 2020 to give young people exposure to the wide range of great opportunities in engineering and construction. We would particularly like to encourage females to take part.
The programme will take participants through the whole life cycle of a construction/engineering project to expose them to the wide range of career pathways in the sector such as project management, design/3D modeling, trade roles, admin roles etc. The programme will model and review the construction process of the the Northern Line Extension (live NG Bailey project), with a particular focus on mechanical engineering, and will take place at the Croydon College. During the 2 weeks participants will:
- Engage and work with construction/engineering professionals from a range of leading industry firms (NG Bailey, Laing O'Rourke, Expanded, Wates and more)
- Do a live site visit to a new Northern Line Extension station currently under construction to review the works being undertaken
- Undertake Building Information Modeling (BIM) digital design work
- Deliver a tender presentation to industry professionals
- Undertake hands-on mechanical engineering work to 'fit out' a large-scale timber structure!
- Take part in a networking and presentation evening with companies and professionals with opportunities
We will be supporting participants into jobs, apprenticeships, work experience and further education opportunities after the programme and those that want to work on-site and are eligible, can obtain a free CSCS card. We have live opportunities attached to the programme, some of which are:
- Support to apply for NG Bailey 2020 apprenticeship scheme in a range of disciplines e.g. Electrical Engineering, Plumbing, and Heating and Ventilation roles etc.
We have helped over 85% of past 'Construkters' into positive outcomes, so if you have any young people interested in taking part, please assist them to complete the attached form and send to Tania Patterson (email@example.com) by Tuesday 4th February 2020, or contact her by phone (07848 877 838) if you/they have any questions. Places are limited and in high demand, so please get in touch as soon as possible to secure a place for the induction day on Tuesday 11th February.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Tania Patterson
- 07848 877 838
Where to go
- Croydon College
- CR9 1DX
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- 17 to 28 February 2020
- Age Ranges
- Sixth Form Students and unemployed 18 to 25s
Last updated: 16 Jan 2020