Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub is a team of individuals who come from different organisations – for example the council, the health service and the police – working together to protect children and young people from harm.
The service is the first point of contact for the public, parents and professionals who are concerned about a child or young person. An officer will discuss your concerns and provide advice and information.
The service assesses:
- your concerns;
- any child protection issues;
- any incidents of abuse; and
- family and young people's support that may be needed including benefits advice, housing, immigration and homelessness.
Referring to Early Help services using a MARF
For all referrals requesting local authority early help services, a referral needs to be made to Wandsworth Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) through a multi-agency referral form as a part of the integrated front door for children’s services. These services include targeted family support, targeted youth support service, youth community service, early years and children centre service. Clearly state what you are asking the service to do and ensure that you have consent from the parent or young person to share the referral with the proposed service.
To make a referral to MASH, submit an online form by clicking here.
For emergency assistance, the Out of Hours Duty team operate in the evenings after 5pm and at weekends, on 020 8871 6000.
In an emergency contact the Police by calling 999.
Who to contact
020 8871 6622
020 8871 6000 (After 5pm weekdays or on weekends)
Where to go
- Wandsworth MASH
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm.
To acces this service you:
- Can refer yourself or your child or
You could be:
- Referred by a doctor/consultant or other health practitioner, or
- Referred by a social worker, or
- Referred by the police, or
- Referred by another professional
Last updated: 28 Jul 2021