Wandsworth Council Tax Reduction
Council Tax Reduction (CTR) is to help people who are on a low income to pay part or all of their council tax. The Government requires us to protect the claiming process for pension age claimants so there are two CTR schemes in place:
- The prescribed scheme for Pensioners
- Wandsworth's Local CTR scheme for Working Age Claimants.
To qualify for CTR, you must be:
- on a low income
- responsible for the council tax payment on your address.
You can claim CTR whether you are working, unemployed, disabled, single, married etc. However, there may be some exceptions for example:
- You have come to live in the UK from abroad and have restrictions on your status
- You are a full time student
- You live in residential care or nursing home
- You have savings over £16,000
The amount of reduction you get depends on your circumstances and how much council tax you pay. You can use our Council Tax Support calculator for an estimate.
Who to contact
- 020 8871 8081
Where to go
- Town Hall
Wandsworth High Street
- SW18 2PU
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm