Unique Youth at the George Shearing Centre-Coronavirus
*** Due to the COVID-19 / Coronavirus panademic services may be restricted, cancelled or re-scheduled online. Please contact the provider directly for more information before attending a service.***
George Shearing is developing and sharing a series of Vimeo, YouTube and/or Instagram Shorts for parents and child/young people of key messages and topics which are of interest. They can also provide emotional support for parents and regular 1:1 touching base contact for children/young people to support them with topics of interest or causing concern.
Join Lisa Poole, George Shearing’s Community Massage Practitioner, on a family massage journey through lockdown - learn to massage your young adult with additional needs and any other family members. As we start to move out of lockdown, lives are becoming busier and time is precious…Lisa has put together a series of bitesized massage tutorials 10-15 mins max for you to watch at your leisure and on the go. Quick and easy home massage sequences for all the family.
Unique Youth, a specialist after school club, runs at the George Shearing Centre. Referrals are taken from parents/carers or social workers and then either a home visit is arranged or if the parent/carer prefers a visit to the centre is organised.
Unique Youth is for young people aged 13-25 years old with learning disabilities and complex needs.
At Unique Youth you can:
- SOCIALISE- Meet your friends in an informal setting during our term time and half term youth club!
- PARTICIPATE-We run various activities – including pool, cooking,drumming, football, art, computers and Playstation!
- HALF TERM FUN- Take part in half term activities in February, April and October
- VISIT NEW PLACES- We go on residentials through the year
- SUMMER FUN- Join us for our three weeks of holiday youth club in the summer half term.
- DISCO'S AND TALENT SHOWS- We host youth disco's once a month and our youth club talent show once a year!
The centre is fully accessible with a great team to support your young persons journey into adulthood!
Who to contact
Where to go
- George Shearing Centre
- SW11 2TF
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons 4:00pm to 6:00pm, term time.
- Time of day
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £1 Per day
- term time costs (half term costs may differ please contact us for more information)
To use this service you:
- Can refer yourself or your young person yourself or
- your social worker could refer you or your young person, or
- or they could be referred by another professional
- Contact Name
- Sandra Wright
- Contact Telephone
- 0207 228 2230
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transitions to Adulthood (16+)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Last updated: 08 Dec 2020