Early Support (ES)
Wandsworth's Early Support (ES) service is available to disabled children aged 0-5 years living in Wandsworth with complex developmental and medical needs.
To qualify for ES a child needs to have:
- three or more specialist health professionals working with them, and
- at least one service from education, social care or the voluntary sector.
Early Support will assist you
- with providing information and signposting where necessary
- advocating on the child’s and family’s behalf where appropriate
- help with coordinating services and practitioners around the child and family
- Facilitating multi agency meetings
- Providing emotional and practical support
Early Support can provide a designated key worker as a single point of contact for a family and their child. Alternatively, Early Support can offer assistance when a family needs it most through the offer of attending drop ins and telephone consultations. For more information, please see our leaflet under 'Downloads'.
Early Support will always work in partnership with the parents/carers, and the Early Support ethos is to keep the family at the heart of discussion and decision-making about their child.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Monika Hammel-Lobo
- Contact Position
- Early Support Team Lead
- 020 8871 5690
- Parent Organisation
- Early Years and Intervention Support Service - Siward Road
Where to go
- Early Years Service
1, Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 5 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
To refer a child to the ES service a professional needs to complete an Early Help Assessment and send it to the Multi Agency Complex Needs Panel. This panel is made up of a range of professionals who are meeting weekly at the Early Years Centre.
To access this service your child needs to be:
- Disabled and aged 0-5 years old
- Referred to the Multi Agency Complex Needs Panel using the Early Help Assessment