Early Support (ES) - Coronavirus
Early Support is keeping communication open with parents and professionals regarding individual child’s health needs which may be impacted on due to Covid19. They are supporting the most complex families with regular contact and updated information, assessing the level of vulnerability within the family environment during isolation and actioning any needs.
Wandsworth's Early Support (ES) service is available to disabled children aged 0-5 years living in Wandsworth with complex developmental and medical needs.
To qualify for ES a child needs to have:
- Currently be under the age of 5 years
- Have the support of three or more specialist services
- Has a referral from one of the professionals working with the family to the Single Point Referral Service (SPRS) or MASH
- A family that is in a time of transition and unforeseen circumstances
Early Support will assist you
- with providing information and signposting where necessary
- advocating on the child’s and family’s behalf where appropriate
- help with coordinating services and practitioners around the child and family
- Facilitating multi agency meetings
- Providing emotional and practical support
Early Support can provide a designated key worker as a single point of contact for a family and their child. Alternatively, Early Support can offer assistance and information when a family needs it most. For more information, please see our leaflet under 'Downloads'.
Early Support will always work in partnership with the parents/carers, and the Early Support ethos is to keep the family and child at the heart of discussions and decision-making processes.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Vanja Zvonic
- Contact Position
- Interim Early Support Team Lead
- 020 8871 8408
- Parent Organisation
- Early Years SEND Support Services-Coronavirus
Where to go
- Early Years Service
1, Siward Road
- SW17 0LA
- Get directions
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 5 years
- Referral required
- Referral Details
To refer a child to the ES service a professional needs to complete an Early Help Assessment and send it to the Multi Agency Complex Needs Panel. This panel is made up of a range of professionals who are meeting weekly at the Early Years Centre.
To access this service your child needs to be:
- Disabled and aged 0-5 years old
- Referred to the Multi Agency Complex Needs Panel using the Early Help Assessment
Last updated: 31 Mar 2020