Fresh Start Clinic - Heathbridge Practice
Fresh Start Clinics provide a clinically safe home alcohol detoxification programme for people suffering from mild to moderate alcohol dependency. They offer specialist treatment and care near to where you live.
You can expect to be given medication to manage your withdrawal symptoms and to prevent relapse, and support from a nurse who specialises in alcohol dependency. You will remain registered with your current GP.
Fresh Start Clinics cannot treat you if you have complex needs, including:
- poor physical health (e.g. heart failure, breathing problems, liver failure);
- heroin, cocaine or benzodiazepine dependency;
- severe mental health problems; and
- a history of alcohol withdrawal seizures or delirium tremens.
You can go to a Fresh Start Clinic if you live in the borough of Wandsworth. Referrals are accepted from:
- yourself (call in the afternoon to book an appointment);
- A&E staff; and
- Foundation 66 Battersea Alcohol Service.
Visit the website for more information.
Who to contact
- 0844 477 1877
Where to go
- Heathbridge Practice
125, Upper Richmond Road
- SW15 2TL
- Get directions
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday: 8.15am - 1pm and 2pm - 6pm
- Age Ranges
- From 18 years
Last updated: 25 Mar 2019