The team of young ambassadors continues to grow to support in the delivery of the Unlocked holiday programmes and other WBC projects. Winter Unlocked is fast approaching in December 2021.
The team are specifically trying to recruit young people between the ages of 16-18yrs old but all 13-18yrs old welcome.
What will a young person get from this?
- It’s a lot of fun!
- The opportunity to have your voice heard
- Represent others in your community
- A chance to find out more about your local community
- Impact positive change
- A reference for school/ college/ university/ employment
- LOADS of Skills development – youth work training, project planning, Duke of Edinburgh and Accreditations – just to name a few
- Working with senior decision makers
- Getting to deliver and take part in the activities on offer for free during all holiday programmes
- New experiences
- Meeting new people!
- £50 Vouchers of your choice as a THANK YOU!
- Free fun activity at the end of the holiday to celebrate
Becoming a Young Ambassador gives you the chance to make your mark. You will also have the added gratification of creating something incredible for other young people in the borough and seeing that in action!
They're looking for someone who:
- is committed.
- is prepared to give up some time for training
- is around over some if not all the key holiday periods (Summer, Winter and Easter) to help with the delivery of the holiday programme
- is passionate about helping other young people
- likes to have fun and try new things
- wants to learn new skills
- has an interest in issues affecting young people