If you have immediate concerns about your own safety or the safety of a child, young person or adult you should call 999 and speak to the police.
It is everyone’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. If you are being abused or neglected, or if you are worried about a child, young person or adult you should contact the police, IPOC (0 to 17 years) or Access Team (Adults 18+). To read more about Safeguarding click here.
Just found out you or your child has or may have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)? Recently moved to Wandsworth with a child or young person with SEND or who may have SEND?
Either way, Wandsworth's SEND local offer is here to help. On this SEND Local Offer website we have information and contact details for the local authority, education, health, voluntary groups who can support you and your child or young person, from 0 to 25 years old.
Want to know where to go next, who can help, what services and support are available?
Support and advice is available from: (click on the links to find out more)
- Your Doctor (GP) (all ages) Find your local GP in Wandsworth
- Early Years and Intervention Support Service This is a multi-agency centre where specialist teams from Early Years and Intervention Support Service (EYISS), Health and voluntary organisations are based. They offer support to young children and their families who have emerging Social Communication concerns, complex medical needs and disabilities (0-8 years old)
- Enhanced Children's Centre (0-5s)
- Health Visitor (0-5s)
- School Nurse (Reception age and over)
- Continence Service (4 and over)
- Garratt Park Advisory Service (Wandsworth’s Outreach Service which supports young people living in Wandsworth who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder or a diagnosed Social Communication Difficulty, who attend a mainstream primary or secondary school, in Wandsworth. (5 - 18 years old)
- Special Care Dental Service (all ages)
- Disabled Children's Register and WAND Card (0-17s) and WAND+ Card (18-24)
- THRIVE Online (0-24)
- Contact-Wandsworth for families with disabled children (0-25s)
- Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service (0-25s)
- ACCESS Child and Youth Mental Health Service (0-18 years)
- Children's Development Centre at St George's Hospital (0-16s)
- Wandsworth Children's Continuing Care Team (WCCCT) (0-18)
- NHS Continuing Healthcare (18+)
- Community Learning Disability Health Team (CLDHT) (18+)
Other useful contacts:
- Carers Centres Wandsworth and Balham
- Positive Parent Action Our local Parents' Forum
- Disability and Social Care Advice Service (DASCAS)
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
020 8871 7899