If you have immediate concerns about your own safety or the safety of a child, young person or adult you should call 999 and speak to the police.
It is everyone’s responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. If you are being abused or neglected, or if you are worried about a child, young person or adult you should contact the police, MASH (0 to 17 years) or Access Team (Adults 18+). To read more about Safeguarding click here.
Just found out you or your child has or may have special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)? Recently moved to Wandsworth with a child or young person with SEND or who may have SEND?
Either way, Wandsworth's SEND local offer is here to help. On this SEND Local Offer website we have information and contact details for the local authority, education, health, voluntary groups who can support you and your child or young person, from 0 to 25 years old.
Want to know where to go next, who can help, what services and support are available?
Support and advice is available from: (click on the links to find out more)
- Your Doctor (GP) (all ages) Find your local GP in Wandsworth
- The Early Years SEND Support Services, for 0 to 5s, includes
- Early Support,
- Parent and Child Development and
- West Hill Enhanced Children's Centre.
- Health Visitor (0-5s)
- School Nurse (Reception age and over)
- Continence Service (4 and over)
- Special Care Dental Service (all ages)
- Disabled Children's Register and WAND Card (0-17s) and WAND+ Card (18-24)
- THRIVE Wandsworth (0-24)
- Special Needs Assessment Service (SNAS) (0 to 25s)
- Contact-Wandsworth for families with disabled children (0-25s)
- Wandsworth Autism Advisory Service (0 to 19s)
- Wandsworth Information, Advice and Support Service (0-25s)
- Children's Specialist Therapies (0 to 18)
- Schools and Community Psychology Service (SCPS) (0 to 19s)
- ACCESS Child and Youth Mental Health Service (0 to 18s)
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) (0 to 18s)
- CAMHS - Learning Disability Service (0 to 18s)
- Children's Development Centre at St George's Hospital (0-16s)
- Wandsworth Children's Continuing Care Team (WCCCT) (0-18)
- NHS Continuing Healthcare (18+)
- Community Learning Disability Health Team (CLDHT) (18+)
Other useful contacts:
- Carers Centres Wandsworth and Balham
- Positive Parent Action Our local Parents' Forum
- Disability and Social Care Advice Service (DASCAS)
Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us:
020 8871 7899